Huddersfield 2-1 QPR- Report

Last updated : 17 September 2016 By DSG

Huddersfield stay top of the league after beating QPR

Goals from Elias Kachunga and Kasey Palmer gave Huddersfield a sixth win in eight league games to keep them top of the Championship with a 2-1 victory over QPR.

Kachunga, on loan from German club FC Ingolstadt and in his first season in English football, struck his third goal of the season.

The striker's second half header inflicted a second successive defeat on Rangers, who crashed 6-0 at home to Newcastle on Tuesday

Palmer had put Town ahead in the first half and QPR substitute Idrissa Sylla pulled one back for the visitors with 14 minutes remaining to make it a nervy finish for the home fans

Kachunga and wingers Rajiv van La Parra and Palmer were the main threats for Huddersfield and they should have won the game more comfortably.

Palmer looked dangerous from the off and he started and finished a move which almost broke the deadlock.

His long crossfield ball was picked up by Tommy Smith, who side-stepped a defender, before rolling a square pass across the face of the box for Palmer to fire wide.

In the 14th minute Palmer again launched a move which resulted in Town taking the lead.

He spread the ball from left to right for Smith whose cross back across goal was collected by Van La Parra.

The winger crossed the ball back in from the left and Palmer darted into the space created by Nahki Wells to head beyond former Terriers goalkeeper Alex Smithies.

Rangers were restricted to half-chances and Jordan Cousins flicked wide from Olamide Shopido's cross

Massimo Luongo's shot was also off target and Steven Caulker headed over from Shopido's free-kick.

Rangers held out under a sustained attack from the home side as Van La Parra had a shot blocked and Chris Lowe smashed a 30-yard effort over.

Smithies pulled off a good save from Wells just before the break but he was offside.

Rangers made two changes at half-time bringing on Sebastian Polter and Ariel Borysiuk for Conor Washington and Karl Henry but Town remained in control.

They had a strong penalty appeal turned down for handball when Wells tried to turn Grant Hall in the 57th minute.

And they had the ball in the net three minutes later when Kachunga lashed home Palmer's flick but he was ruled offside.

Kachunga made no mistake in the 62nd minute when he doubled the lead.

Jonathan Hogg's superb pass found Smith on the right wing and the defender launched the perfect cross to the back post for Kachunga to guide his header beyond Smithies.

Kachunga and Palmer both had chances before a break in play for a head injury to Smith saw Huddersfield lose concentration.

Rangers pulled a goal back almost immediately in the 76th minute

Tjaronn Chery's corner was cleared but when he played the ball back, Sylla, who had only been on the field for three minutes, headed home.

That set up a hectic finish to the game with six minutes of stoppage time but Huddersfield held out.

Source : DSG

Source: DSG